How is life after rehab? As men and women approach the end of a residential or outpatient treatment program, they will begin thinking about living at home and staying sober. They have the skills and confidence to lead a sober life, but taking that step out on their own for the first time can be stressful. Once patients near the end of their treatment program, therapists will discuss what happens after rehab and go over healthy options for succeeding and thriving.
At Swift River, our treatment programs support men and women through every step of recovery. As patients progress through each stage, they gain confidence in living at home and maintaining a sober life with their new coping skills. For more information about what happens after rehab, call 888.451.5895 or fill out our online form today, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
How Is Life After Rehab?
Life after rehab can be an exciting time for men and women who complete their addiction treatment program. One thing to remember about addiction is that it is a lifetime illness, and triggers and cravings can come back at any time.
It is important to understand some facts about life after rehab:
- You can lead a happy and productive life after rehab
- 40-60% of men and women relapse within the first year of completing rehab
- Relapse is not a failure
- 3 out of 4 patients eventually recover from addiction
- There are aftercare programs and social groups that offer continuing recovery support
At Swift River, we are here for you from admissions to final graduation and beyond. Our alumni program offers continual support whenever you need to practice coping skills or need to talk to someone.
What Happens After Rehab?
What happens after rehab differs for each person, and many worry about relapse, which can keep them from enjoying a full life. You can do plenty of healthy, sober activities, like finishing your degree or becoming a mentor to someone just starting their addiction recovery. Many people who successfully complete an addiction treatment program start careers as a means to stay sober and help others.
Here are some additional healthy options to succeed at leading a sober life:
- Find a certified behavioral therapist – Having a trained professional with addiction experience to talk to is vital for your success. Even if you are confident in your sobriety, continuing therapy can be very beneficial for your mental health.
- Join a support group – There are several community programs through churches and outreach programs that you can join as a volunteer, mentor, or just to be around other sober men and women in your community.
- Practice yoga and meditation – Meditation and yoga are excellent forms of mindfulness that can help you stay in the present and get in touch with your true self.
- Keep a daily journal – Writing in a journal at night helps you reflect on the day and review any successes or struggles you encounter. Journaling at night is also an excellent way to prepare yourself for the next day and get a good night’s sleep.
How is life after rehab? That is up to you. You can do plenty of healthy activities, like join a cooking or acting class or a social group.
Gain Helpful Tips for Life After Rehab at Swift River – Massachusetts
At Swift River, we are dedicated to helping men and women reach their recovery goals today and in the future. Our alumni program is just one part of our full-service treatment programs. Patients will find everything they need to support their recovery journey through:
- Drug and alcohol detox
- Residential and outpatient treatment programs
- Sober living homes
- Nutritional education
- Alumni programs
Take that first step toward a better life by calling 888.451.5895 today to enroll in our addiction treatment facility.