How does a rehabilitation center work in treating addiction? Each person’s treatment experience is unique because no two addiction cases are identical. Addiction is a mental health disorder with a wide range of internal and external causes, such as genetics, family history, and peer and societal pressure. All play a key role in how susceptible a person is to addiction. Men and women wondering how do rehab centers work will find plenty of beneficial therapies to help them with their addiction recovery.
At Swift River, Massachusetts, our team provides exceptional support for men and women from all walks of life who are struggling with addiction. When you first arrive at our rehab center, we will review your treatment program with you and answer any questions you have about how do rehab centers work and what to expect from your treatment experience. For more information about our rehab center, call 888.451.5895 or send us a message through our online form, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
How Does a Rehabilitation Center Work in Treating Addiction?
While there is no cure for addiction, plenty of evidence-backed therapeutic treatments and medications can help. A rehabilitation center works to treat addiction with a combination of behavioral and holistic therapies and medication to treat all aspects of the addiction.
Some of the common withdrawal symptoms that people can experience during the recovery process include:
- Intense cravings for drugs and alcohol
- Muscle pain
- Nausea and vomiting
At Swift River, our rehabilitation center treats all types of addiction in men and women from all walks of life. During admissions, we will answer your questions about how do rehab centers work to prepare you for your treatment experience with fewer risks of relapse.
The Benefits of Joining a Rehab Center
The severity of withdrawal symptoms is different for each person. Someone abusing drugs or alcohol heavily will have a more intense withdrawal experience than those with a mild addiction. If they are not careful, a relapse can lead to overdose and death if they do not take into account their lowered tolerance and use the same amount or more.
The benefits of joining a rehab center include:
- Behavioral and holistic therapies – Patients will participate in behavioral and holistic therapies for a whole-person treatment experience. Therapists will work with patients in group and individual therapy programs, teach them healthy coping skills, and help them gain a better outlook on themselves.
- Medication-assisted treatment – Medical staff will administer FDA-approved medication to treat withdrawal symptoms and cravings and allow patients to focus fully on their recovery. They will adjust the dosage until they find the right combination for maximum benefits with minimal side effects.
- Build a strong support system – Patients will have time to bond with their peers in group therapy as they practice coping and communication skills and work on forming healthy relationships. These friendships will become a part of a strong support network that will help them stay sober.
- Family therapy – Parents, siblings, and spouses are included in the recovery process so patients can heal any broken trust and relationships. Everyone has a safe space to talk about their feelings or frustrations and learn how they will become a part of the recovery journey.
There are many more benefits of enrolling in a rehabilitation center for treating addiction.
Choose Swift River – Massachusetts to Begin Your Road to Recovery at Our Addiction Treatment Center
How does a rehabilitation center work in treating addiction? At Swift River, our rehab center treats men and women who are struggling with addiction through a combination of behavioral therapies and FDA-approved medication. We will review how rehab centers work and discuss every aspect of your treatment program. If you have further questions about our treatment center or are ready to begin your recovery, call 888.451.5895 today to take that first step toward a better life.