Summertime is for getting out and enjoying the warm weather and celebrating with friends and family. Summertime parties can be a hotbed of temptations for men and women just finishing an addiction treatment program, potentially leading to relapse. You will quickly find that a sober summer is more enjoyable and memorable now that you are free from the grip of addiction. A sober living program is essential for men and women looking to stop abusing drugs or alcohol and lead a sober lifestyle.
At Swift River, we help men and women who are struggling with addiction to meth, prescription medications, and other harmful substances. Our behavioral therapists and medical staff work together to form a tailored treatment program that will include behavioral and holistic therapies and medication treatment for a well-rounded treatment experience. Reach out to our friendly team today by calling 888.451.5895 or filling out our contact form for more information about our sober living program.
Sober Summer Activities That Promote a Healthy Lifestyle
Healthy living can be very rewarding mentally and physically. Patients who complete their treatment program have more energy, less emotional turmoil, and a healthier way of seeing themselves and the world around them. The more you participate in sober summer activities, the easier it will be to maintain lifelong sobriety.
Some sober summer activities that will encourage you to maintain your sobriety include:
- Go on a road trip with sober friends
- Go to an amusement/water park
At Swift River, we encourage patients to reach their sober goals through our behavioral and holistic therapies. We offer inpatient and outpatient treatment programs to help men and women regardless of the severity of their addiction.
3 Ways to Have A Sober Summer
Sober summers do not mean hiding in your home over fears of relapsing. In fact, you are encouraged to get out and enjoy the summer without drugs or alcohol to keep from becoming bored and start thinking about using again. The skills you learn during your treatment program will give you the courage necessary to say no to drugs and alcohol with confidence.
Here are three ways to have a sober summer:
- Learn a new hobby – An important step in maintaining sobriety is picking up new interests and hobbies. Take a computer class, learn to play the guitar or other instrument, learn to paint, or start a new workout routine.
- Treat yourself to a spa day – Pamper yourself for all of your hard work to reach your sober goals. Spend the day at a spa, attend a meditative retreat, or go camping alone or with that special someone who will encourage your sober lifestyle.
- Throw a sober summer party – BBQs and days at the lake can be just as fun without drugs and alcohol. Throw your own sober summer party and invite friends from your recovery group to give them a place to hang out and not worry about being tempted.
Swift River: Your Number One Choice for an Effective Sober Living Program
At Swift River, we know how difficult it can be to maintain your sobriety with so many summer parties going on. Our treatment programs provide patients with a better understanding of how addiction affects them and their loved ones and teach them coping skills to maintain their sobriety. We offer a full range of effective treatment programs, including:
- Drug and alcohol detox
- Inpatient treatment programs
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Medication-assisted treatment
- LGBTQIA+ support program
- Veterans support program
- 12-step program
- Alumni program
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, our programs will help you reach your sober goals safely with fewer risks of relapsing. Call 888.451.5895 today to speak with our compassionate staff about beginning your journey to sobriety through our addiction treatment center.